Clothes that are deemed handsome in one period are declared downright ugly in the next, and even uniforms—the simplest and most easily identified costume—are subject to change. Perhaps the most obvious function of the dress is to provide warmth and protection. Many scholars believe, however, that the first crude garments and ornaments worn by humans were designed not for utilitarian but for religious or ritual purposes. Other basic functions of dress include identifying the wearer (by providing information about sex, age, occupation, or other characteristics) and making the wearer appear more attractive.
Although it is clear why such uses of dress developed and remain significant, it can often be difficult to determine how they are achieved. Some garments thought of as beautiful offer no protection whatsoever and may in fact even injure the wearer. In relatively static societies with limited movement between classes, as in many parts of Asia until modern times or in Europe before the Middle Ages, styles did not undergo a pattern of change. In contrast, when lower classes have the ability to copy upper classes, the upper classes quickly instigate fashion changes that demonstrate their authority and high position. During the 20th century, for example, improved communication and manufacturing technology-enabled new styles to trickle down from the elite to the masses at ever faster speeds, with the result that fashion change accelerated.
The Ultimate Guide To Dress Codes : What To Wear For Every Occasion
Our dressing says a great deal about who we are and influences all kinds of impressions. People make snap judgments about us from the clothes we wear. They draw conclusions about our personality from the way we look. Dressing is an art obviously, the art of knowing how to carry ourselves during various occasions we partake in. The occasions dictate how we should dress to suit the mood of the events. Dressing for any occasion is about paying respect to the occasion and the people around you.
Below we present to you a small and an easy guide to dress codes for every occasion-:
- A wedding: Women should always keep in mind to steer clear of the white dresses in weddings as the colour white is just for the bride. Put on the best gowns you have. It is floor-length gowns for weddings but the etiquette rules are softening, knee-length dress is equally fine.
- A cocktail party: Evening dresses for women are the dress to sport in these parties. Black colour has the evening vibe of the cocktail parties but also any dark colour would do as long as you keep it inconspicuous.
- A dinner party: Dress up like you are there to celebrate, little glitz and colour won’t hurt.
- An interview: A job interview is one of the most important days of ones’ life. You’ ve got to make a good first impression which, for the most part, decides that you remain or you leave. A tailored suit still tends to be the standard for most corporate companies. Ladies would better avoid accessorizing too much with jangly jewellery, it’s distracting.
- A First Date: The first date is all about leaving a good impression. Women, usually, need not do much to impress guys but having said that, don’t look too ragged and laid-back. Stylists suggest to dress up with a nice pair of skinny jeans and a sweater or shirt to look casual yet trendy.
- Family Get-Together, Barbecue or Birthday Party: This is family, go laid-back with your choices and get comfortable. The code is casual. Anything goes. The stylists say, If you are a woman, wear a sundress, a skirt or pants with a pretty top to a casual event. If you are not a woman, wear khakis with a button-down, a sweater, or a polo shirt.
Office Look: Steal These Stylish Office Wear Looks To Slay At Work
Indian women are making waves in the workplace and are much more aware of the importance of proper office wear for women in dressing for success at work. Choosing office wear for women can be more complicated than workwear for men on the other hand women's workwear comes with many more option for exploring working fashion then work clothes for men.
These women's business wear options to fund to explore can create some confusion and indecision which might lead you to look at your overflowing work wardrobe and exclaim, "I have nothing to wear!"
Bored with your cliched office wear? It's time for a change then!
We've curated a list of urban-cool outfits you can go for when it comes to slaying at work. Keeping in mind the best of the outfits we've picked out office wear for women which reflects their personalities better and create an impression alongside. All you need to do is pick the one which suits your personality the best and experiment. We've got it all covered for you from semi-formal attires to classy dresses to create an impression.
Festive Look: To Look Drop Dead Gorgeous
For every celebration, you need ethnic wear which you will absolutely love. From different colors to style, there are designs that make you look the ultimate fashionista. From kurtas to saree to the all favourite lehenga choli, no event is complete without them.
Ethnic wear dominates your wardrobe for almost every event. If you love draping saree or desire to be comfortable in kurtas or skirts, it is to be sure that you will never run out of them. Check out the ethnic options along with their designs and make sure to show your style for all the events.
Daily Wear: Slay Every Day
Between balancing career, family, and finding time for ourselves, stepping out the door with style every day can seem impossible—but it’s not!. It's really not possible to maintain your fashion status with your daily wear clothes. Be stylish and fashionable every day. Working women have no shortage of decisions to make, including what to wear between the hours of 9 and 6. And designers are flocking to outfit this growing market of smart.
We asked the most stylish women we know (our Stylists) what their secrets are for unlocking the next level of style. For those looking for daily wear inspiration, we've compiled a list of our favourite fashion-forward sites that meet the needs of today's trendy daily wear-
Sporty Look: Dress Sport Classic
To look sporty and stylish even in this season here is a styling idea that you can follow to look classy and perky at the same time
Women Nightwear: What Do You Wear In Bed?
Women who eat, sleep and live for fashion will understand how rejuvenating they feel when they wear a fashionable nightwear to their sleep. It might sound absurd to many, but a fashion faithful lady will agree that during your bedtime you should look a class apart. Nightwear is not something that we give much thought too. But uncomfortable nightwear can affect your sleep cycles and make you sleepy and tired the next day. However, you do not want to look like a human pillow in your nightwear either.
We ask you to take a look at the collection and we bet you won’t sleep in simple nightwear anymore-
DesiPitara, as the name itself says "DESI-PITARA" so we not only have PITARA of dresses for women, you can also go through the link below, with another PITARA of shirts for Men too:-